Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tacculeen

Today was my last Sunday with Eglise Evangelique, and I was grateful for the opportunity to thank the congregation for welcoming me. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to be part of their Spirit-filled worship for most of my stay in Dakar.

I was also glad that we sang some of my favorites: Tacculeen, O Jesus Mon Sauveur (Shout To The Lord), Mangi Yekkati Sa Tur/Je Loue Ton Nom Eternel (Lord I Lift Your Name on High), Viens Ne Tardes Plus Adores (Come, Now Is The Time To Worship), and Je L'ai Trouve

Since coming to college, I've really fallen in love with the local church and grown to appreciate it. Being part of Eglise Evangelique let me be part of a local church while giving me a bigger image of the global church. I also got to weekly partake in one of their biggest evangelism strategies - their praise! You can hear it all down the street, and neighbors often comment on how nice the music sounds. For that reason, Scripture is often sung, as are songs that proclaim the gospel and its invitation to come and find peace and rest in the sacrifice of Christ's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment