Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mammy Love

Tonight, after dinner, I headed off to my room straight away, as I was tired from the sun and wanting to get into less appropriate clothes to help out my I'm-sure-is-very-red-but-I-don't-have-a-mirror-thankfully-back.

Then I heard Mammy call my name. You do not ignore Mammy.

She told me to grab a cup so I did and then she pulled this bottle out from her side. It said sprite, but our family filters water into old soda bottles so I thought maybe she was making sure I drank water - after that hideous sunburn. I found this odd for two reasons: 1) I don't think she's ever been sunburnt. How would she know? 2) This is overly protective even for Mammy.

It turns out it was ice cold sprite. I still have no idea why it happened or why I had to drink it even after I'd gone to bed for the night. But it still made me feel very thought of and loved, so I appreciated it and drank it in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment