Sunday, April 15, 2012

And on the 100th day in Senegal...

This morning, it was pretty crazy to realize that I've only spent 5% of my 2012 in the US. This comes with the knowledge that I have just 19 days left here in Senegal. That's so little! I can't believe it.

It's not even 14h and already such beautiful things have happened.

First off, during the "let's meet the visitors" time at church, a man who only spoke Wolof introduced himself and said it was his second time coming. He is a Muslim who has been seeking Jesus and is wondering how it is possible that Christ's forgiveness could be enough for him. He asked for prayer in this time of his life. He and the pastor were speaking after service. I just thought this was all so incredible - and exactly what the church needs to be prepared for.

Secondly, during the service I shared a prayer request for my friend's sister who attempted suicide this week. I have been praying for them for some time now, and this week especially. She had made it through alive, but lasting effects were still a concern. Right as I got out of church, I got a text from my friend that said her sis was going to be ok, by God's grace.

Apparently the Lord wants to make this a true celebration, and a grand memory for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment