Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Church Home

I know I've expressed my deep love for Rock Valley Chapel a number of times - from the kindness and generosity of its members to the regular preaching of Gospel truth - but I have to do it again.

Circumstances have led me to explore options outside of being in Waukesha this summer, and I was truly at a loss. I had a lead at a summer camp in Georgia, but Georgia is far after being across the ocean for 4 months, and anywhere besides Waukesha, I'd need to figure out a living situation. I sent one of my semi-regular updates to my pastor's family expressing these thoughts, and was overwhelmed by the kindness of their response. Upon reading my email, both Pastor Tim and his wife immediately suggested I live with them. They assured me I'd always have a home with them.

This idea really excites me. Tim plays guitar, Katherine sings, and their son Nathaniel drums, so I could see us having some rockin' worship times together. Katherine speaks French and loves to cook. Gabby does gymnastics and both her and Carolyn have developed a fondness for me (and I for them!). Overall, I love this family. Not to mention the chance to be active in RVC life; they live right behind the church. And Beloit and Waukesha are not far at all.

So I've contacted some places in Beloit about potential employment: Bagels & More had a craigslist listing. I emailed the Beloit YMCA as I have previous experience as a gymnastics coach. I went for a long shot with the college bookstore because...I love books. Ha. And I've bookmarked the college summer employment opportunity page for when postings are made available. As long as I bring my bike, I could see myself having a wonderful time this summer.

Mostly I'm just very grateful to belong to a church that acts like a church - a cross-centered, Bible-believing, Christ-following church.

No comments:

Post a Comment