Sunday, April 22, 2012

Parents

I just sent an email to my mom with some things I thought she might like to hear right now. Jessica, if you're keeping up with my blog, pay special attention to this post. I think it's easy to focus on what's gone wrong, what we wished would have been different, but I owe a lot to the two loving, sincere people who raised me.

I've been thinking about you (and Dad) a lot. I know things must be really difficult right now. I'm not going to pretend I know what it feels like to have your child move out under these circumstances and be in danger of not graduating high school, but I know that it can't be easy. Just want to say that you guys may not have been perfect parents, but you certainly cared about your kids and that should be enough. I remember all the pto meetings, parent teacher conferences, walk on a child's side, 40 assets, project abc, volunteering at school, even the often-resisted finman family fun nights; just being involved in so many ways. You fought for me (and Jess) to be able to have our needs met in the public education system and generally tried to raise us right. So thanks, and I love you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment