Monday, April 30, 2012

Lazy Days

I haven't been up to much of anything in particular. I've been sleeping in, bumming around the beach, and making tea. I went to Grand Yoff yesterday just for the fun of it. I really don't mind adventuring by myself, but it is nice to be able to share the experience with someone.

I've started to map out my packing strategies, what needs to go in what bags, how on earth I'm going to get all this stuff home, what I can leave behind (those $2 slip on wannabe vans from target and less than half full bottle of bodywash that was mysteriously free at CVS probably aren't going to make the cut). It's hard to believe that this time next week, I'll be in Waukesha again.

Another part of going home is trying to figure out how I'm going to look presentable for my mother when I get off the plane. I've gotten used to the fact that I'm never 100% clean thanks to bucket showers and sandy roads, but she hasn't :) I would wear make up or something but what I brought is now too light for my skin. Changing between flights should help some. Mom, you've been warned. I'll do the best I can.

I just remembered that as I was packing to come here, I was watching the Iowa Caucus coverage. All day, Tuesday and Wednesday. I didn't really feel like I'd been gone that long until I remembered that the last time I was in America, Rick Perry was still running for president. Weird.


Angeline's Papa is trying to help her ease back into American life. He sent her an email that she forwarded to us:


Angeline,  The culture shock of going to and living in another country is not confined to going overseas.  It can also occur when a person returns to the home country. For this reason I will be periodically, and without warning, sending you notices of things that have happened in this country in your absence.  I will also write to tell you things we are doing to prepare for your return.  Item number 1 is below:
Reece Witherspoon is pregnant, according to a tabloid I saw at the grocery store.


If anyone else has anything else that I need to know before I come home, let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment