Thursday, April 26, 2012

Loy Xalat? (What Are You Thinking?)

Today was another nice calm day. I was pretty lazy this morning and didn't even get out of bed til 8, which was a solid change of pace for me. Mr.Sheep was making noises outside my room, but when I cam home tonight he was gone.

We had our program evaluation, and though the form was much too long in our opinion, I did truly enjoy having a discussion with Rama and Aida, ACI staff. It was just incredibly pleasant, and a nice way to reflect and thank them and all the staff. Rama thought it was crazy that we loved Ismaila so much we took him out for pizza. We also got to enjoy lunch, which them, Pape Samba, Ismaila, and a few other familiar faces. A Baobab Center lunch is incomplete without an array of fresh juices and fruit.

I went to Djiby's of course, and went for a walk, ending up at the ocean. We just sat on the rocks and talked for a long time and after it had been quiet for quite awhile, I asked him, "Loy xalat?" He said, "Dul dara" (nothing). Then, after a moment he said, "Well, there was one thing; when you leave, I'm really going to miss you" After a few more moments of silence, he asked me, "Loy xalat?" and I said, "Beggumma nibbi" and we sighed as he gave me a quick side hug.

Val, Xadi, and Debbie are going on a trip this weekend, but I passed because I just want to be with my family and friends here, and have the chance to say goodbye to my church. I cleaned my room, which is phase 1 of packing. So soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment