Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Good Stuff and Bucket List

Soupacandja is the most polarizing Senegalese dish. Most Americans don't like it, and many Senegalese just tolerate it. This gumbo-like sauce over rice happens to be my favorite. Dad, you'd love it too - it has shrimp and crab in it! Today, my family had it for lunch. Then, I accepted my tailor friend's lunch invitation; he asks me every day despite the fact we both know I've already eaten. I've taken to eating a little with him about once a week or so. And today, he had soupacandja too. Wynn. Then I was on my way to school and saw a woman selling sliced mango in little bags. I love mango but they can be messy. Perfect solution.

Also, with less than 3 weeks to go, we've got a little list going of what we'd like to get done before we go...Castor again (I need an attaya pot!), La Foire (not really sure what/where it is, but it sounds kind of like a farmer's market on steroids?), Ile de Ngor, random Dakar adventures, and maybe a trip to St Louis? I still have to pick up bags for Aunt Pat and Mom, some mango and bissap jams, possibly a new backpack, Adja, Maggi, attaya, piment, and a special surprise for EJ and Betsy. Phew, let's get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment