Friday, January 16, 2015

Quieting Down

I've noticed that since avoiding tv again, my rest has been much better and more fruitful. I've really dug into this Bible reading plan, and I've found that it's quieted my heart. I'm more easily stilled, more easily brought to wonder looking around me. I can spend hours in praise, sometimes even strumming the same song.

I'm in my 15th reading of Matthew before I see this in 11:29 -

you will find rest for your souls 

and I realize that rest is made perfect, full and compete in Christ. By drowning out the voices of this world, I tune into the fullness of Jesus Christ. And I do, I do find that rest for my soul.

"Thou awakest us to delight in Thy praise; for Thou madest us for Thyself, and our heart is restless, until it repose in thee" St. Augustine, Confessions


No comments:

Post a Comment