Monday, January 26, 2015

26 - Just for Kicks

Tonight I have nothing to tell you, so I'm going to interview Elizabeth and Jordan (not actually doing the challenge, she just wanted to participate). Elizabeth says I need to answer my own questions, so I am included. This was not really a dialogue; I asked Jordan the questions in Elizabeth's presence but it wasn't a conversation for the most part, just to be clear.

Q: What is the best part about not eating sugar?
J: I eat sugar
E: Ughhh I have to actually eat healthy snacks
K: There's so many good parts. I've been sleeping awesome (but that might also be because of the chiropractor. I don't know), and I have tons of energy and I still love eating fruits and vegetables. I've also learned a lot of new recipes and ways to bake and cook using less or no sugar. Oh, and I've been even more conscious while reading labels. It's fascinating to find out what's in food.

Q: What's the worst?
J: I like chocolate. Sugar's in everything! I'm not going to stop eating food
E: I can't eat chocolate. I can't eat anything I want.
K: Definitely the donuts, but you knew that already.

Q: How often do you think about the challenge?
J: Not often at all. The only time I think about it is with you guys and how much I want sugar
E: Probably every five minutes. Because all I do is look up dessert recipes that I can make without refined sugar, so I think about it all the time.
K: Only when I'm by Mighty-O's (which is now FOUR times a week).

Q: What food do you most want that you can't have right now?
J: There's all sorts of things...I want chocolate so bad right now, but none of them are animal friendly - happy animal - (E: There's vegan chocolate) Vegan chocolate's stupid
E: Chocolate
K: I would really love a raspberry riot donut. Also sometimes chai lattes from Kaffeklatsch

Q: How has this challenge made you think about your sugar consumption?
J: It makes me want to go to Mighty-O's real bad
E: I just really love sugar and I eat more than I should whether it's refined or not (*Reads newspaper*, says: Oh look! Maintain a healthy weight)
K: I was surprised how much sugar I was actually eating. I didn't realize it, until it wasn't an option anymore.

Q: How do you feel about February and no honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, sucanat, etc?
J: That I'm really glad I'm not doing that
E: I really really hope that I don't cheat or give up because I think I really need it and I'm alsoooooo terrified. Even though I know all the food will be good.
K: I'm kind of excited to see what the next level will bring, but also a little apprehensive. I just don't know what to expect.

Q: Anything else you want everyone to know?
J: That you should eat sugar. Mainly just chocolate, that's the only concern I have.
E: Um. I just want to tell everyone that (you might have to rephrase this one) um if you give up sugar you might not feel the same way Kate does. You might just feel normal or worse than regular, so that's all. You might still have much more trouble sleeping. And also you might just want to eat all the time and not workout and basically do nothing all the time because that's what I'm experiencing right now. The end.
K: In the same month we did this, I also started doing yoga and going to the chiropractor. There are a few different factors, so it's hard to point at any one thing. I will say, that I have experienced a noticeable upward shift in energy levels, quality sleep and desire for healthier foods.

2 comments: