Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6

Still veggie obsessed. I wanted a snack this morning so I roasted some rainbow carrots and made Angela's tahini cumin sauce, if that tells you anything. I also forced my vegetable craving ways on my church family and roasted a big, beautiful pan of rainbow carrots, red peppers, broccoli, red onion, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil for sharing. Also, since we were doing beans and rice tonight, it was the most vegan-friendly group we've ever had!

I did have a moment today where I just really wanted something crappy. This happens when I'm not not eating sugar, too, so it's not necessarily unique. It's just not as simple as eating a square or two from my favorite chocolate bar (trader joe's dark chocolate lover's). So I drank some water and ate an apple. And I felt good about it; it's not as though I was still craving anything else afterward. New habits?

I had that moment where I realized that I work with a preschool and valentine's day will fall during a no sugar zone and that's going to be rough. But I'm just trusting the process. That's all I can really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment