Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mighty 10.0

Elizabeth made awesome granola balls WITH dairy and refined-sugar free chocolate chips today. I love her. I had a long, stressful day at work so the treats were gladly appreciated. Super yum.

Alright, so I think I'm making this sugar challenge seem too easy, so I'm going to be real with you.

I have always loved donuts. Always. Saturday mornings were days for vanilla long johns, apple fritters, hot fresh glazed from Krispy Kreme, and the ones with the pink frosting at Dunkin' Donuts. They're just so yum.

I'm lucky to live in Seattle, home of Mighty-O, non-gmo, vegan and organic donuts. I live less than two miles from the store, and I go to Bible study across the street every week. And it's practically on the way home from church. Prior to the refined sugar challenge, I was easily averaging 3 donuts a week. I know - vegan donuts still aren't healthy - but gosh dangit it's my one thing so just let me have it ok?

Anyway, since I was gone the last two weeks of december, and the cleanse isn't over until mid March, I have to go the longest I've gone without a mighty-o donut since I moved to Seattle! Think about that one. Not eating these are the worst. Especially the fresh ones, particularly the raspberry. And they make the absolute best apple fritters I've ever had. Ughhhh

I'll get over it.

Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment