Wednesday, January 21, 2015

21

I have a nice post on Exodus coming soon...I think I just really love the Old Testament. I just need to be not half asleep when I write it. Tomorrow's really busy, too and so is half of Friday so just be patient and enjoy my lame sugar updates.

My biggest concern today is why people think it's necessary to add sugar to fruit. Particularly dried fruit. I went grocery shopping with Jordan this morning, and after our foray into the produce department at whole foods (beets/greens, rainbow chard, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, rainbow carrots for me), we went to Trader Joe's. I love the fruit and nut section there. It's a blast. Just for fun, I started being that annoying person reading every label. I would say a majority of dried fruit has sugar added. The question is why? It's so beyond unneccessary. I've had their versions with no sugar added and it's delicious. It tastes like fruit. Why make it taste unnatural?

In short, fructose is poison and poison is everywhere.

1 comment: