Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lucky 13

The sugar challenge had no effect on me today. The fitbit is helping me remember to eat more, so that's good. I'm no longer over a thousand calories under my target...

Elizabeth came with me to my favorite class today - cycle fit! I was pumped. Also, if she hadn't come, it would have been another private class, and those are just too hard. 

She's probably going to hate me for this, but I was journaling today and this is what I wrote about her: 

I really am so thankful for Elizabeth. I don't know if she knows how sincerely I appreciate her. She really did play a big role in changing my life. I feel so much better now that I've axed most of the processed foods and stayed away from dairy, meat and eggs (more or less), and right now - cut back on sugar. Before it was always "ugh I guess I should try running or something?" and now I love being active! It's a habit and a hobby. I look forward to even hard workouts, which I haven't really done since gymnastics. Cheers to Elizabeth. 

For another reflection on life, body, mind and food, let's turn to one of my thoughts on my 5th reading of Matthew 

10.30 "even the hairs of your head are all numbered". God knows us better than we will ever know ourselves. It's so good for me to remember this, as I explore fitness and nutrition - as well as I get to know my body, Jesus knows it better. It also gives me perspective and a framework. I can learn how to praise God for how He made everything and how He restores and how He heals. The ground He spoke into being grows the plant life He developed and feeds the body He knit together in the womb! Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised! 


No comments:

Post a Comment