Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Quiet Day at Home

Well, polls are about to close here, and then we'll be playing the waiting game. There were some counts of cheating reported - Wade stuffing envelopes with his card in hopes someone would neglect to see it, put their vote in, and thus nullify the entire ballot - but things have been calm overall. My family has a lot of neighborhood pride, saying that Mermoz is where the sophisticated people live.

I've actually enjoyed the quiet day at home, cleaning up in the kitchen area, actually doing my homework: prepping my presentation on Une Si Longue Lettre and French schools, writing my Maimouna reaction (2 pages and two weeks to do it in...), reading about Lebanese entrepreneurs in Senegal, gathering information on traditional religions before Islam and Christianity (our prof is supposed to give me stuff, but I'm not sure I believe him. Plus, I found a fascinating article on conversion so it was fun). I took extra time in Leviticus, Psalm 25, and Acts today, and chatted with my friends over facebook about conference and life in general.

I attempted to share music with my younger host sister, but she did not appreciate it. At least she's honest! Though most of my music is Christian, I tried to share Dixie Chicks, Dashboard Confessional, Taylor Swift (my older sister said she was a good singer), Mat Kearney, One Direction, and Boys Like Girls (she almost liked that), Owl City, Sugarland, The Band Perry, and Becca Richter with no success. Oh well. That's my life as a Jesus hipster, I guess.

For those of you who do enjoy my musical stylings, here's my current playlist:
You Are Good - Nichole Nordeman
Rise - Kari Jobe
C.S. Lewis Song - Brooke Fraser
Love Song for a Savior - Jars of Clay
Love Came Down -Kari Jobe (I don't care who wrote it, most songs are better when sung by her)
What Joy (Psalm 146) - Generation Church
Savior to Me (Sing Glory) - Karrie Roberts
It is Well with my Soul - Hillsong
Rebel - Lecrae
Where the Love Lasts Forever - Hillsong
Jesus Paid it All - Christian Stanfill
Ouvre les Yeux de mon Coeur - Paul Baloche
Boasting - Lecrae
You Love Me Anyway - Sidewalk Prophets

No comments:

Post a Comment