Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ceebujeen and God's Grace

Ceebujeen (fish rice) is the national dish of Senegal, and it is delicious. It doesn't sound extraordinary, but it is, and if you've had it, you know. A varied diet is not a primary concern for most Senegalese, and thus, in the near 7 weeks I've been here, I'd say it's a solid estimate if I say I've had it 20-25 times, including today.

After lunch today, I was thinking about how delicious ceebujeen is (neex na looooool), and how I thought I'd get sick of it. Nope, not yet. In fact, it seems to get more delicious every time. I was trying to figure out how that was possible. I eat it almost every other day, and it tastes just as delicious, or even more, than the very first time.

And so it is with God's grace. The Christian life cannot be boring, despite the fact we live it every day, because every day we spend in Christ's presence is sweeter, every adventure greater, and every taste that much more pleasing.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
Blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8




No comments:

Post a Comment