Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Betsy Wynn Chronicles

I've decided to write a letter a day to my dear friend in one of the journals I brought to Senegal (because do I really need all four to myself?). I told her this because I think it's nice to know someone's thinking about you all the time. Then, when I come back, she will have a neat little package of all the thoughts and prayers I've felt for her.

Since I have likely bored you all by now with my heaps of praise for Kari Jobe, I will take a break and get all pumped about someone else: Brooke Fraser. Part of Hillsong Church, she also has three solo albums that are part worship, part thoughtful, part soothing, and part sass. I believe she should win a special songwriting award for one of my favorites by her, C.S. Lewis Song. She starts off the first verse with a non-Narnia CS Lewis quote. That takes a very special kind of talent, and thus she is a champion.

This is relevant because I chose selections of this song to open up the Betsy Wynn Chronicles. I felt really strongly about this, because this is a song that always affirms my belief that God's promise is true - the best is yet to come.

Since I've posted this song before, I'm just going to give the lyrics, bolding what I gave my friend

If I find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here
If the flesh that I fight is at best only light and momentary,
then of course I'll feel nude when to where I'm destined I'm compared

[CHORUS:]
Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me

Am I lost or just less found? On the straight or on the roundabout of the wrong way?
is this a soul that stirs in me, is it breaking free, wanting to come alive?

Cos my comfort would prefer for me to be numb
And avoid the impending birth of who I was born to become

[CHORUS]

[BRIDGE:]
For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it

And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming

PS This was my 200th post, and I didn't even realize it!

2 comments:

  1. If there was a book called the Betsy Wynn Chronicles I would buy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. My host family thinks I'm writing the next great novel...

    ReplyDelete