Monday, February 27, 2012

Pamplemousse!


Translation = grapefruit, and is the title of this post only because it's fun to say, and I wanted my mom to know that after all these years I have finally come to like this fruit.

Senegal, for now, remains in peace. Wade and Sall are looking at a run off election around mid-March. No one seems to be too angsty about it. With 14 candidates running, it was bound to happen. It was Wade, and anyone but Wade split 13 ways. I can't help but recall a lengthy ongoing discussion with my FYI (Adams vs Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800) about the failures of the two-party system. Here, we have an example of the failures of the get-10,000-signatures-and-you-can-run-for-president system.

And for all my blog readers who aren't also stalking my facebook pictures, here's a few from a sunset stroll earlier this weekend. Everyone enjoying the photos owes my sister Jessica a tremendous thank you for buying me my first ever camera and teaching me how to use it.








Lord, I have loved the habitation of Your house,
And the place where Your glory dwells. Psalm 26:8

And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all. Acts 3:16



No comments:

Post a Comment