Sunday, February 12, 2012

Par Ta Grace (By Your Grace)

I've been trying to find this song online with no luck, but I thought I'd talk about it a little anyway. Today at church, we were singing this song and I remember parts of it, "By Your grace, I come before You and receive Your pardon and favor...I'm not worthy of Your love...by Your grace I'm here"

For some reason, this morning, this song had such a grand effect on me. I was swept away. I love worshiping here in Dakar, because you know people are really there to worship. They're not there because it'll make them look like good people, or that society will think any better of them. They are there, in the minority, because they love Jesus. And that makes the experience better for everyone in the room. My friend Josh, also working with Partners, speaks only minimal French so he doesn't understand most of what's going on, but he can tell that hearts are being poured out.

On a very personal level, I think emotion was drawn out from me because I was thinking about everything that's led me to being in this space at this time. And in a nutshell, it all boils down to God's grace.

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 1 Corinthians 15:10

No comments:

Post a Comment