Thursday, February 9, 2012

Baax Na

Similar to the French expression, "d'accord", meaning "good" or "got it", this is a useful phrase, especially in classes, or brief informal exchanges.

In this case, I'm using it to make up for the fact that I don't have a real title for this post...

I wish we could have history of Islam/Islam in Senegal all day. It's fascinating, and our dynamic professor loves comparing things with Christianity and having discussions about beliefs. Val and I are really hoping Babaccar has some kind of office hours or something so we can just hang out with him and have chats.

I really really really love my internship. (Suma travail, neex na looooool). I am so thankful for and so humbled by all the work that God has already been doing in these countries in West Africa. When churches reach out to touch their communities by enabling people to provide for themselves (through microcredit, rice plantation, restaurants, animal husbandry, vocational training, language classes), they open the door to the gospel, because they're living it out. They are meeting people where they are and bringing forth the compassion of Christ. Alxamdoolilaay!!



No comments:

Post a Comment