Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Enseignes Moi, Eternel (Teach Me, Lord)

Yesterday, two of the students from Lewis and Clark College were blatantly incredibly rude to me, adding on to the little annoyances that have been ongoing since the start. Today, I was completely ignored by numerous students, and it was really getting on my nerves.

I took advantage of our 4 hour lunch break to seek the Lord and pray about this, to lift my burdens up to Him. I was instantly convicted of my awful attitude. I have absolutely no right if I am trying to be like my Savior. How many times did I ignore Him? How often do I outright disrespect Him? Everything that they have done to me, so I have done to Jesus. It was a rude awakening to my own hypocrisy and lack of compassion, and also to the immense grandeur of His.

My prayer is this:

Teach me, Lord, to have Your grace towards these girls. In the same way in which You have welcomed me without response, let me do the same for them. Teach me to show them compassion, and to continue to be the light and love of Christ. Even when it's difficult, even when I don't want to, make me. Because You have come to save us, and only You know the names in the book of life. No matter what they do or don't do to me, let me be an ambassador for Your grace and kindness. Because You are strong, You are faithful, and You are good, always good. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment