Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Veterans, Weddings and Motherhood

First of all, Happy Veteran's Day. I hope you took some time to honor those who have served our country today. All of my children could tell me it was Veteran's Day; however none of them could tell me what we celebrated today. 

Speaking of children, here is a real life conversation with 5 year old Sofia: 

Sofia: Coach Kate, are you a gymnastics teacher? 

Me: Why yes I am

Sofia: Are you a mom, too? 

Me: I am not, but I think I would like to be one someday 

Sofia: Well if you get married, then you can be a mom

And speaking of marriage, Alissa says she will have enough money to come to my wedding in 9 months, where Betsy says it will take until 2016. By 2016, Alissa will have even more money and we will be 25. I love these gals. 


Today, I am thankful for

1. Veterans, active duty service members, and their families, who also sacrifice so much. 

2. Easy easy days - only half my kids showed up

3. Being Facebook friends with numerous photographers. So many cute wedding/engagement/portraits all the time

4. God's infinite greatness

5. The discipline to finish my paper even when I did not feel like it 

No comments:

Post a Comment