Friday, November 29, 2013

I'm late

It's technically tomorrow. I left Kathy and Lenny's at 1:30am. 

I didn't plan it that way

I had a slow, casual morning, filled with Bible and leftover donuts and coffee and the paper. I walked to the store and the sun was warm and I got pretty flowers and I was thankful. So thankful. 

And I made squash and Elizabeth made apple dessert and our house smelled delicious and I was thankful. So thankful. 

And Lenny's daughter came and the son he rarely sees and Kathy and Lenny are ADORABLE and the food was amazing and I was thankful. So thankful. 

Lenny left to drive the son home and Kathy and I talked and talked and I was thankful. So thankful. 

And then Lenny came home and we talked and finally he looked at a clock and said, ladies, it's a quarter to one and we were shocked and I was thankful. So thankful. 

And we all talked about how God has blessed us and how great it is that Jesus is on the throne and wow we are so blessed. We hug and Lenny walks me to my car and I drive home and there's no one on the roads and I am thankful. So thankful. 

Naming just 5 blessings is asking a parent to pick a favorite child. 

Thankful today for 

Phone calls from worried mom 
The mess we make of the newspaper
That Elizabeth would never shop on Thanksgiving no matter how many stores are open 
Apples 
Finally cracking open a squash
Warm sun on a November day
When someone asks if I drink and I say wine would be great and they pick out one I really like
Family, even if it's not mine 
Kathy
Lenny
Chandin
Time to talk
Testimonies
Bacon Brussel sprouts 
Leftover donuts
Late nights with beautiful people
Jesus
Tired eyes but too much love of life to go to bed
Quiet small lap dogs
Walks
Bouquets with sunflowers and roses and wheat 
Cooking 
Laughter
Grace 
Flannel pjs
Thanksgiving leftovers
Nothing to do tomorrow 
Sleep 
Help Me Find It by Sidewalk Prophets, discovered in the radio 
Free street parking on holidays 
Basically every minute of today because it was beautiful 
Well and every minute of every day because God is beautiful

2 comments:

  1. Kate, when it comes to being grateful, you are my role model. I pray one day to have your attitude on life! So glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement, Victoria!

      Delete