Monday, November 4, 2013

Heaven: The Only Source

Blogging through the days of thanks, I notice new things in my Bible reading. God is always doing something new, but is the same God as of old. Wow. 

John answered, a man can receive nothing [he can claim nothing, he can take unto himself nothing] except as it has been granted to him from heaven. [A man must be content to receive the gift which is given him from heaven; there is no other source.] John 3:27. 

John is my favorite gospel. I actually used to think that it was so obviously the best that it truly baffled me when someone said Mark (or any other) was her favorite. It contains some of my favorite accounts and favorite chapters. In this verse John is preaching about heaven as the source of all gifts, all graces, and of course THE grace. The big one. The Jesus grace. I just had to share this as I'm on my mission to joy (which John will talk about later) 

1. I am thankful that I will one day finally be healed of my selfishness and self-centeredness. Jesus is at work and he is coming

2. I am thankful for tiny hands wrapping themselves in mine. 

3. I am thankful for laughter that runs soul deep. 

4. I am thankful for early mornings full of quiet and stillness

5. I am thankful for treats made by my roommate  

No comments:

Post a Comment