Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Loving and Living

Today, I had a day off and I had no idea what to do with myself. So last night, I texted Gab, who has taken on a lot of very heavy responsibilities and asked her how I could serve her with my day off - errands, this around the house, an extra hand with children - and it turns out she just really wanted company! So I spent the day with her, watching a movie, talking, drinking smoothies. Then we sang (I'd brought my guitar) and her cousins (whom she cares for) got home. They thought it was really cool and Luca(7) and Ava (5) took turns strumming and dancing along. Mia (3) is allegedly very shy, but she said hello to me and showed me her book and picture and as I was leaving, gave me a big hug and kiss and said she loved me. 

I went right from there - in the worst traffic - to a sushi making lesson! Some Japanese guys one of my pastors knows did it to raise money for medical relief. A bunch of church people were there and it was really fun. I also learned that I have a knack (or beginner's luck) for rolling a slicing sushi. 


Hello, California rolls. Yum. 

Thankful today

1. For sisters in Christ just doing life together 

2.  That I have a car. 

3. That I can use this car to help other people out.

4. For sushi. It's fun to say, fun to make, and fun to eat. What's not to love?! 

5. Flannel PJs. Toasty 

No comments:

Post a Comment