Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dilemmas

I have been so joyful and happy at work this week that people think I'm being sarcastic. No, really my week has just been that good. 

The last 3 weeks now I've stayed for adult gymnastics. Tonight I finally put into words my dilemma with it. First of all, I'm not working out consistently. I'm not running; I walk a lot and do 2 jump rope type circuit workouts a week. Maybe. But I'm active as a coach, and I eat pretty well. I've been weighing myself every so often just to check in and there have been no major changes; my clothes fit about the same and I feel good. However, I do think adult gym is good for me. It's a great total body workout, and it's fun and it's a social thing as well. BUT after a long day sometimes I really just want to go home and read my Bible. But then I think I should workout but then I remember what Paul wrote to the Corinthians about training in godliness being superior to physical training so then I start thinking I should just go home and read my Bible but I also don't want to spend time with Jesus just out of obligation and man I can talk myself in circles. 

Tonight, I went to adult gym. 

I'm thankful tonight 

1. For students I love so so much. Like I started tearing up tonight at how wonderful my kids are

2. That I can still do 5 kips in a row. It is impressive to my coworkers and very hard

3. For snap chat because it is fun and facilitates unique communication 

4. Joy like John the Baptist's, "This joy of mine is now complete" 

5. That I slept until almost 7 today! Quite the achievement for a weekday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment