Friday, November 8, 2013

Downtown Day

I woke up feeling miserable; I think my throat hurt so badly it prevented me from sleeping. I took cold medicine and tried to go back to sleep, but when it proved unsuccessful I opted for tea and honey and the Bible. I eventually dressed and starting worshiping and began to feel better. I decided to head take a bus and head downtown. 

Ok, so I know I've said downtown freaks me out. But I have now discovered that it is actually only the driving part. When I eliminate that and replace it with taking the bus, I actually really enjoy myself. 

Today I poked around and walked through the famous Pike's Place Market. I got a lot of good Christmas ideas for family and made an early purchase. I gave into temptation to buy flowers (kale) and they are beautiful. So worth $5! 


I made my third visit to we make our own teas and coffee roasting is an art Storyville. I like going there even though it's more expensive. It has a really nice atmosphere and all the staff is great. They always talk to me about what I'm up to while they make my drink and ask me follow up questions. Someone comes after I'm settled in and asks how I'm doing. And then when I'm done with my drink someone comes again, clears it, and offers me a glass of water, inviting me to stay as long as I'd like. 

Now if only it were closer to my house. 

For dinner, I made a garlic sage rosemary burger with red onion and sharp cheddar on a toasted pumpkin bun. So delicious.

1. Thankful that I'm no longer at the mercies of commons and can be as creative as I want 

2. Thankful for personal trials that allow me to better serve, support and encourage in their time of need  

3. Thankful for pretty fall flower arrangements and a nice sunny day on which to enjoy them 

4. Thankful for employees who spread joy by being interested in what they do 

5. Thankful that God remembers us always (Psalm 136:23-24) 





No comments:

Post a Comment