Friday, November 29, 2013

Mercy, Grace

Today I celebrated Black Friday in a special kind of way. I went to Guitar Center and learned how to restring my guitar (which sounds so good. I always forget how much I like it when the strings aren't dead) and also got a mini cajon! Woohoo! 

Then I went to see Catching Fire because Jennifer Lawrence is AMAZING. As much as I didn't care for the Hunger Games books, the movies are incredibly well done. For the record, I am #teamgale. 

In the darkness of the theater, I scribbled down a quote as Katniss talks to the family and friends of a fallen tribute who spared her life: 

"He could have killed me but instead he showed me mercy. That's a debt I'll never be able to repay" 

It made me think of Jesus and grace and my life and o, to grace. 

Mercy is when the bad thing that you deserve doesn't happen to you. 

Grace is when the good thing you don't deserve happens to you anyway. 

Mercy is when you're speeding and the cop pulls you over but doesn't give you a ticket. 

Grace is when the cop pulls you over and gives you a brand new car. 

And praise Him in the highest, God is both endlessly merciful and full of grace. 

He is merciful in saving me from my sin and gracious for ushering me into new life. 

Thankful today for 

1. New guitar strings

2. Whispers of grace everywhere I go

3. Fog. It is so pretty

4. Lake Washington 

5. Ugly sweaters. 

1 comment:

  1. I know it's not the point of the post, and I do love it, I'm just strangely happy we're both team Gale. Never would have thought.

    ReplyDelete