Tuesday, November 5, 2013

America

Today I was reading an article in the Seattle times about how grossly difficult it is for international visitors to come to the US. One woman flew in from the Philippines for her daughter's wedding and never made it out of the airport! She was sent back, despite proof of the wedding, a home, a job and a husband back in Manila. And there are so many different types of permits and they're expensive and time consuming to acquire!  

But because my passport says United States, I can fly in and not even have my customs form glanced at! 

So with that, the number one thing I'm thankful for is American citizenship. It's crazy how much it does for me that I don't realize. 

2. Children who pretend to be mermaid cats and flamingo possums

3. Parents who make me want to be a parent 

4. Christmas carols! And a chord/lyric book that came in the mail yesterday 

5. The printed newspaper. It may be obsolete before I die. 

No comments:

Post a Comment