Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Portland

Well Elizabeth and I are a little crazy and since we've already driven across the country, driving 3 hours for a day trip isn't that bad. We went to Washington Park and Powell's and a place that serves Crete food and Voodoo donuts and randomly wandered around town. We were surprised at how many things were closed and how quiet it was. Anyway, we had a pretty good time and my car smells like donuts. 




Powell's: home of a million books and the best coconut Americano I have ever had. 




I also found out that I'm the only one who took Kathy and Lenny up on the orphan Thanksgiving. They said they wouldn't be offended if I accepted a different invitation, but it works out really well: I had just been thinking about how I wanted to get to know them better and this should be a great opportunity. 

Today, I'm thankful 

1. That Elizabeth has excellent navigation skills

2. Cereal on donuts

3. That I live in a cool city and really close to another cool city. 

4. A break from coaching 

5. Isaiah. I love so many verses in Isaiah it's ridiculous. 




No comments:

Post a Comment