Monday, March 5, 2012

Xadi, Am Naa Laj


Today was our beloved Xadi's 21st birthday. Since we've all been legal here for nearly two months, and we have 9am class tomorrow, we went for a nontraditional celebration of this milestone: ice cream cake (creme brulee vanilla carmel). Addie, Val and Debbie went to their internship for the day, and came back to school to do homework; Angeline joined them after her own internship. It was my job to purchase the cake and bring it in. I walked really fast because I live 20 ish minutes away and I didn't want the cake to melt. I got to the BC and went to collect Angeline. I was going to lead Addie into a pleasantly decorated room by saying Debbie wanted to discuss a project idea with her, but Angeline beat me to it by saying "The Germans are coming" Um yeah...

Anyway, when we were all settled in our favorite classroom, I said, "Xadi, am naa laj" She said "Nam?" I said, "C'est ton anniversaire?" and pulled out the cake as everyone started awkwardly singing Joyeux Anniversaire. It was beautiful and a fun surprise. We all decided we need to pick random celebrity personas and celebrate their birthdays because birthdays are just so fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment