Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Halfway There



This video is the result of mix tapes and family roadtrips, and also one of the first things that comes to mind when I'm halfway done with something.

Today is my 60th day in Dakar, which means I have just 59 remaining. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. Wolof ends this week, we have just three more Peoples and Cultures classes, Islam wraps up the beginning of April...friends are leaving mid March and the end of April. We're supposedly going on a rural visit next week, but we know nothing about it. We're trying to plan a spring break, potentially to a national park with mountains and hiking and whatnot, and every day it seems like we say "really, it's time to figure out our research projects" and of course we don't.

I think the second half is going to be even better than the first, because we spent so much of the first half finding ourselves and figuring things out. Now I think we are braver, more aware, and more focused on enjoying our time. Sadly, I think things will also go more quickly because we are no longer waiting for things to feel easy - for the most part, they already do. Right now, there are so many people I don't want to think about leaving, but also a bunch of people I'll be excited to see. Soooo I think the best thing to do is just enjoy it and have a lot of fun, and be all here for the rest of my time. Mangi fii rekk.

No comments:

Post a Comment