Friday, March 9, 2012

Song of the Day

And I hope it goes without saying that I'm still listening to Kari Jobe, even though this isn't about her.

Hillsong, as many of us know, has put out about a bazillion albums over the years, and every time a new one comes out I think, "wow, this is even better than the last one". I got really stuck on God is Able, and before that, A Beautiful Exchange. My "desert island" pick is The I Heart Love Revolution because it has a lot of really classic contemporary (not an oxymoron, or is it?) worship songs. But I've realized I really like This Is Our God. I told the itunes genius to make me a playlist off of Though I'm Not Worthy by Kari Jobe, but the song I wanted to keep listening turned out to be He is Lord off of Hillsong's 17th album, released in 2008.
Oh blessed lamb once slain
Will reign forever more
His hands once bound now save
Our God will never fail

He is Lord
He is Lord
Sings my soul
He is Lord
And He lives
Yes He lives
I'm alive 'cause Jesus lives

'Tis at the cross of Christ
Where earth and heaven meet
Where sin is overcome
To God the victory

And now
Let the earth resound with praise
For our Saviour God He reigns
He is high and lifted up
Arise
For the King of glory waits
He is coming back again


And while that's a literal song, there are a few other songs in my heart right now:


"The gospel is not a heavenly demand of what we must do to be saved; it is a heavenly declaration of what God has done to save us" John Piper

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Shout for joy to God, all the earth;
2 sing the glory of his name;
give to him glorious praise!
3
Psalm 66:1
4

Dieu, Tu es tellement fidèle. Parmi toute ma vie, Tu avais été mon aide, mon secours, mon espoir, et ma paix. Avant que je sois née, Tu as envoyé Ton Fils, parfait et pur, pour m’amener près de Toi. Je n’y pouvais pas aller moi-même, parce que Tu es juste et mes péchés étaient inacceptable to Toi et Ta loi. Mais grâce à Jésus, la loi est abolit, et je peux m’asseoir près de Toi. Mon Seigneur, L’Eternel, Tu es bon, mon Dieu, Tu es toujours bon. Je ne pourrais jamais comprendre Ta magnificence, Ta grandeur, Ton amour, Ta fidélité, Ta grâce, ou la raison que Tu as choisi de donner toute à moi. C’est un image du Ta bonté, et pour ca je Te remercie de maintenant jusque toujours. .Tu seras toujours mon Dieu, mon Seigneur. Au nom de Jésus, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment