Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Prayer Update

I realized that I've been sending out specific prayer requests individually as I thought of them, and that I could use this blog to hit everyone up at the same time, so here it goes:

First off, Partners International has a daily prayer page for all of its partners throughout the
10-40 zone, found here. It was also my job to create a prayer list specifically for the West African office for the month of March, so if you'd like that, either leave a comment with your email address, or email me at katefinman@gmail.com

Now that the "official" stuff is there, here are my individual prayer needs:

- Peaceful transfer of power. The second round of elections will be held on March 25th, and it is expected that the incumbent will lose.

- Traveling mercies. The five Beloit students are in the midst of solidifying spring break plans for this week Sunday through next Saturday (I'll be offline for that week, just so you know in advance). We also have a rural visit March 29th-31st. Pray for God to prepare the way before us, keeps us safe, make things efficient, give us patience, and that we wouldn't be charged excessively because of our toubab status.

- That I would be able to be still and rest in God's presence. I am learning so much here that sometimes it's difficult to shut out all the noise. Pray that I would be able to channel what I'm learning into a reflection of God's grace and faithfulness.

- That I would continue to keep Christ at the center of my interactions with others and not be shy in discussing my beliefs. I got several verses about light shining in darkness today (John 1:5, Ephesians 5:11), and I pray that Jesus might shine His light through me.

Also, let me know if any of you have things I could pray for. If all goes according to plan, we'll be on a bus for at least 12 hours Sunday and Saturday, plus more time on the road in between, so I'll have a lot of time on my hands. InterVarsity people, I'd love for you to tell me how I could best pray for our chapter right now, as well as anything personal. Leave it as a comment, email me, facebook, anything. Don't be shy! I love praying, and that really is a lot of time to kill.

Thanks for all who have been praying; my experience has been absolutely incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment