Monday, March 5, 2012

Do You...

get really excited about what God's about to do? Because I do! Especially when I have songs like "Hear Us From Heaven" and "The Lost Are Found" running through my brain, and I get verses like:

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert. Isaiah 35:5-6

In that day the deaf shall hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity and out of darkness. The humble also shall increase their joy in the Lord, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. Isaiah 29:18-19

In case you don't feel like loading the videos, the main parts I think about, respectively are:

"Open the blind eyes
Unlock the deaf ears
Come to Your people
As we draw near.

Hear us from heaven
Touch our generation
We are Your people
Crying out in desperation"

I have the strongest memories of this song at Rock Valley Chapel, with my pastor's son on the drums, and I can see myself there in that second row worship with my church fam and it's beautiful.

"All of the universe
Is at Your feet:

The lost are found
The blind will see
The lame will walk
The dead will live
And You our God
Forever You will reign"

In typical Hillsong fashion, that part (chorus? bridge?) gets repeated a bazillion times, but I love it. I get goosebumps every time. I sang it to myself all the way to school today and did not tire of it. It's so simple, but it's a beautiful promise of what our Lord can and will do.

Alxamduyessu!


No comments:

Post a Comment