Thursday, March 15, 2012

The River is Here

Today has not been my best day. I've been hiding it well; however it's been a bit of a struggle from the get go. My morning devotional routine was disrupted and replaced with several awkward family encounters one after another. After class, I felt kind of sick, and incredibly tired, and things just felt weird. I realized that if I felt like this in the US I would seek out Maggie or Betsy or Liztowne, I would play guitar, I would go to Nikki's or Starbucks. I would take a walk around the river, to Turtle Creek, I would go to my secret place. But alas, none of those things are available to me here.

I felt God telling me that this was His way of teaching me that He is enough to satisfy me. Although the above things are blessings from Him, and I can experience Christ through them, Him alone should be enough. I was comforted with one of my favorite verses:

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. Revelation 21:6

The theme of water, fountains, rain has been really strong in the my life the past 8 or 9 months, and the idea of being refreshed by the abundance of Christ has served as a tremendous source of freedom and peace.

It also reminded me of a beautiful memory from the Mission last summer, when we had Saturday night worship. I strongly remember sweet little Mikayla dancing and singing her heart out with Kels at the front as we all sang "The river of God sends my feet a dancing, The river of God fills my heart with cheer, The river of God fills our mouths with laughter, And we rejoice for the river is here"


No comments:

Post a Comment