Saturday, March 10, 2012

Daylight Savings Time

Why does it exist?

Anyway, Senegal doesn't participate in this tradition because no one's ever all that concerned about what time it is. Or sleeping. We eat dinner as late as 10pm and then go out at 11 to buy fruit down the street. No big deal.

But the fact that it exists in the US and not here is pretty cool, because it means I'm now one hour closer to all of you in time. If you're in the midwest, that means we're only 5 hours apart. For my friends not in the US, I don't think this has any affect on us. If I had Amish friends they wouldn't be reading this, but it wouldn't affect us either because they also don't participate.

Also, it's way easier for me to figure out what time it is elsewhere with this 24 hour time business. Everyone should use it. Example: 4pm minus 6 hours is...um...wait let me think about that. But 16h minus 6 hours is obviously 10am. See how easy that was? Also, when you say you'll see someone tomorrow at 20h, there's no confusion as to whether you mean 8am or pm. 24 hour time is what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment