Saturday, March 17, 2012

Crazy Awesome Day


There were a lot of lovely things about today. Yesterday, I picked up my new clothes from the tailor. Today, I wore the dress and Debbie said she really liked it, because it's very me - the Senegal me, where a lot of boldness seems to have come out. I got to see Josh and Adilene before they went back to Thies. I wrote one of my papers.

In the afternoon, I went to the zoo with Djibi. I wouldn't have know there even was a zoo - located in Hann. This was perhaps one of the strangest things I've done here. First of all, it cost less than a dollar. Secondly, there weren't that many animals. There were a lot of pigeons. And monkeys of course. I got really close to a lot of the animals, which was neat. I held a bunny and shook hands with a gorilla. Djibi touched the snake but I did not.

The best was yet to come. We took a taxi and that sat on the rocks by the ocean as the sun went down. Then as the stars were coming out, we went over, and picked out fish for dinner. We sat at a table just feet from the ocean and enjoyed it. The fish was so good - covered in spicy onion sauce and vegetables. Then we walked home. It was pretty far, but I enjoyed it. I really don't want to forget today!


I liked seeing a lot of the plants. They had their own separate area of the park.
I totally could have touched that lion. But that's not smart.
This is the dress I had made. And a feisty lioness.

No comments:

Post a Comment