Friday, May 31, 2013

READ

Today I pretty much only listened to rap and I Love It and also Tim McGraw (the song, duh) and All Too Well. All Too Well is a great song when you're bored because a) it tells a story b) has an irregular song structure and c) gives way for a lot of opportunity to be overly dramatic in your singing. I also sort of did a dramatic reading of that song and that was pretty funny. Maybe I will make a video later and post it for ya. I also attempted to sing some more recent Taylor Swift songs with her old country voice. That got weird. I'm feelin' 22 y'all 

Next, 

Listen to this song

Now, tell me you're not impressed with the fact that after today, I know EVERY WORD

EVERY WORD 

Don't ask me how many times I listened to it (I also listened to Fallin' Down an embarrassing number of times. And still don't know all the words. But as long as you say "Holla mayday!" really enthusiastically at the right point in the song, you're good with that one)

They reference over 40 books and authors! 

I admit that this song is probably only cool if you read a lot of Christian books, but since I do, I think it is basically one of the cleverest raps EVER! 

This is my favorite verse, and also the first one I successfully figured out. 

I'm going to show you where the references to books are in this verse because I know not everyone on my blog roll regularly reads three books a week...

If you start with the inspired text then you'll find
A message divine that'll shape you when it enters your mind
In fact the pleasures of God get better with time
Put amazing back into grace with the letters of John
Newton
- whoa - I ain't trying to be all highfalutin
But you'll find prudence reading lectures to my students
Ephesians 4:11 gifts from our Lord and Master
Preaching and preachers will help reform(ed) pastor(s)
Baxter, Richard, I demand Scripture
Cats be like what, son? Godly man's picture
Time is now to think about these topics that'll suit ya
The mystery of providence, the Bible and the future
I'm chosen by God just to put a little Sproul in this
And JC got me riled up about holiness *
The cross of Christ paid the price this tot was owing
And The Glory of Christ is why I'm flowing
Read

*This is the best because the author's name is JC Ryle and he wrote a book called Holiness. Get it?! Ryle/riled


1 comment:

  1. I've belted out All Too Well far too many times when I have to ride my bike or walk home at 2am.

    ReplyDelete