Friday, May 10, 2013

Darkness Not Dark

If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.
Psalm 139:11-12 

This has been a weird week. Probably getting weirder this weekend. There's a lot going on in everyone's minds, and no one knows exactly what to do with it. 

Walked home in the rain last night. Well, walked partway before deciding to run (because as Dillon says, it's just faster ;) ) 

We sat on the floor of my room pouring out hearts and when I woke up this morning, I read Psalm 139 over and over again, cherishing the ways that God knows me and sticks with me. It doesn't matter what I do because he sets my ways before me. It's comforting and humbling and awe-inspiring to know that I can't do anything to make him go away. Even in the hardest places, he knows what he's doing; that's why the darkness isn't dark. 

For us, darkness is the absence of light. When we don't know and can't see and can't find a way out. But the Lord is light, and always knows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment