Thursday, May 23, 2013

ZZZ

Today, I read about how to get better sleep - both and more and better quality, which are two things I often struggle with.

However, I did not learn anything useful.

The tips that I hadn't heard before were:

- If you find that you are getting colder during the night, wear more clothes to bed.

This is impossible to me. I ALWAYS sleep in shorts. It does not matter if it is winter in the great midwest, I will be sleeping in shorts. Wearing full-length pants truly prevents me from sleeping.

- Sleep on your back. This also helps to reduce wrinkles.

Again, impossible. It does not feel like bedtime unless I am on my stomach. For a good 4-5 years between high school and early college, I had a very specific routine. I had exactly 3 bed time songs in a playlist on my ipod. I listened to the first song on my back, the second on my side and the third on my stomach. As it was ending, I would pull the (one) headphone out of my year and tuck my ipod under the pillow I wasn't using. I have since abandoned the music at bed concept, but I do like to read off of either my phone or my kindle now and I'll do that on my back or side before I get sleepy and lay on my stomach.

- Wear socks. It's allegedly comforting

This is how I lose socks.

So apparently, I will be sleepless wrinkly lady one day.

Or else buy pillow spray forever.

That was kind of an off-subject post. To keep with the spirit of prayerblogging, here are two Bible verses I read today that dealt with sleeping.

I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me. Psalm 3:5

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust. Psalm 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment