Monday, May 21, 2012

Update

I know you're all dying to hear what I'm up to - it's been a whole weekend and not a peep from me.

I moved to Beloit on Saturday, which included loading up a bike, a guitar, two suitcases, and a bin of stuff into our little aveo. How'd we do it? Magic. It was a relaxing weekend; my pastor's family has 3 kids: Nathaniel, 12. Carolyn, 11, and Gabbie, 8 (she'll be 9 August 11th and was stoked to hear I'd be around for her birthday, and that mine is so close to hers!).

I said it's like host family round 2, only not really because we all speak the same language, both literally and culturally. I really like being around kids; last night I helped the girls practice for a special concert they're doing, and tomorrow night I get to go to Carolyn's 5th grade choir concert. Kathryn and I have started teaching them a little French; it would be fun to get that going this summer. Kids are like sponges!

I already foresee myself ending up on worship team at least a few Sundays (Kathryn sings, Nate plays the drums, and Tim plays guitar), and one of the elders asked when I was giving a presentation on Senegal. That should all be fun. I'm anxious to see what my work schedule is going to look like, and I may end up picking up a second job at Nikki's.

Here's a song that I forgot how much I loved

A Mighty Fortress- Christy Nockles (off the Passion: Awakening Album)

Our God is, a consuming fire,
A burning holy Flame, with glory and freedom
Our God is, the only righteous judge,
Ruling over us with kindness and wisdom

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

A mighty fortress is our God
A sacred refuge is Your Name
Your Kingdom is unshakable
With You forever we will reign

Our God is, jealous for His own
None could comprehend, His love and His mercy
Our God is exalted on His throne
High above the heavens
Forever He's worthy...

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You

We will keep our eyes on You
We will keep our eyes on You
So we can set our hearts on You
Lord we will set our hearts on You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment