Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Once Was Lost

Life is funny sometimes, because you end up right back where you started.

On my third ever cross country practice, in the still-new-to-me city of Beloit, I got helplessly lost in a thunderstorm on an unfamiliar trail. I had to get out of it and ask a neighbor for directions back to campus. Rough.

Today I was out riding my bike, and I saw the same trail! I passed by it and kept riding. Sooner enough, I figured out how it all connected, and if the same thing had happened today, I could have easily gotten myself back to the sports center.

So on the way back, I decided to dip inside the trail. It was serene; it felt almost holy, as though the Presence of God had been awaiting me there. Pretty purple flowers lined the whole trail, and I left my bike on the path as I tested the springy earth beneath my feet, running freely in the knowledge I was completely alone. I was lost in a different sense; I was lost in Christ's freedom and joy.

And I guess that makes me found ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment