Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Jeans Shopping

If there ever were rules on this blog, they got thrown out a long time ago. Which means I can talk about whatever I want.

I haven't looked for jeans in a long long time. But I lost a little weight in Senegal, not to mention the fact that I really should replace at least one or two pairs anyway, so here I find myself: looking for jeans.

 Women and jeans are hard. It was hard when I was 13 and still stuck in the kids' section and it didn't get easier when I graduated from high school and actually got a body. No matter what size you are, finding the perfect pair of baby blues is a real challenge. I've come up with some tips to help myself out.

- Look good. Wear an outfit you really like so even if things aren't going that well, you still feel great.

- Be comfortable. Give yourself ease in walking around and changing.

- Get ideas. Look around online at your favorite stores before you go. Try and stay on task, especially if you're on a budget and don't actually need sequin shorts

- Listen to fun music on the way there. I picked Lecrae, with the windows down. You can have the money, you can have the fame, but me I want the glory, I'm livin for the name...and imma chase that, imma imma chase that. 

- Shop the way you shop best. If you do well with a friend, bring her along. If you're willing to trust the mirror and your own gut, go that route.

- Be patient, and take your time. Don't force yourself to like something just to get it over with. It's your money, and your body.

- Unless you want to look like high school was as good as it's going to get for you, I'd skip Hollister and the likes. Aim for stores that sell clothes you'd wear out with your parents.

- The number seriously doesn't matter. I tried on several sizes to varying successes. It's better to wear the right size than try to squeeze into a smaller number - you'll actually look worse!

- If it catches your eye, just try it on, even if it's not something you'd usually be into. You might surprise yourself!

It all worked out pretty well for me: I found a pair of dark, straight leg jeans and a pair of long jean shorts on sale. Not bad at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment