Thursday, May 3, 2012

Packing, Etc

Today I found myself to be in a funky mood. With absolutely nothing left to do, I feel like being here is just prolonging the inevitable goodbyes. I'd almost rather just go home tonight, rather than Saturday night. I know I'm going to miss Senegal so very much, but this inbetween stuff is killing me. I've had to start figuring out my first week home - scheduling visits and meetings and life. I've had to think about there while being here and it's driving me nuts. But I can't just let it be. And then there's the problem that goodbyes have been happening steadily all week instead of all at once. I feel stuck in the middle.

Addie and I were discussing how to get out of our funks, and she said, "Let's do something crazy" So we've settled on a sunrise walk tomorrow morning, nice and long, getting food when we need it. I made plans with Djiby for right after lunch (he's traveling Saturday too, or so he says. He may cancel).

And, yes, by the title of this post, I am mostly packed. I have packing anxiety and if I don't pack at least two days in advance I go crazy. This was cutting it close. I was surprised to see the amount of room left; however the weight is another story. We'll see how it goes. An overage charge wouldn't be the end of the world, as it's free to check my bag. It's just not ideal. I'm really hoping everything I've brought home for you all will make it through customs. It's all legal and plays by the rules online, but you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment