Friday, May 4, 2012

Do Something Crazy

Just got Addie's text that says she'll be arriving in 15 minutes for our "do something crazy"

When I woke up at 5:30, I was so tired. I wanted to cancel. But I started singing a sweet, sweet song to myself and I looked for a few verses.


“For You are my lamp, O Lord;
The Lord shall enlighten my darkness.
 For by You I can run against a troop;
By my God I can leap over a wall.
 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
 “For who is God, except the Lord?
And who is a rock, except our God?
 God is my strength and power,
And He makes my way perfect.
 He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.

2 Samuel 22:29-34



Getting up when you're tired isn't that hard. 15 minutes later I felt perfectly awake and would've felt silly for canceling.

We walked along the corniche and watched the sun and city come to life. When we got hungry, we found a bakery and bought delicious, sugary soft bread for cheap. We found a spot, and ate. Her shirt was inside out - that was funny.

A man tried to dupe me. I got warm so I was taking my sweater off, and I glanced over my shoulder as I shrugged my sleeves, and he had his hand on my bag ever so lightly. I looked at him and said, "non!" and of course he said, "desolee, excusez moi" Yeah, whatever. He walked away fast - he knew he'd been caught.

Addie had really bad blisters from her shoes and ended up walking one shoe on, one shoe in her hand through the street. I couldn't help but laugh.

She went home, and I went to the BC for some downtime. I ran over to the boutique and purchased 8  packets of attaya - toubab-bi dafa dof! The young man gave me his phone number; we've been friendly this whole time.

Arriving on my street, I saw a woman who's been working in our home;  I think she's an aunt. In any case, her and my neighbor were talking about how I had to come back to Senegal. Bintou said she wants a rich toubab husband and asked me to find her one and then call her. She'll come to America and make ceebujen and invite me to eat. They were also trying to convince me to go to the market and buy all the ceebujen ingredients here because it's less expensive. I tried to tell them I didn't think that would work but they weren't having it.

And now, it's 11am and I'm back chilling in bed. Now that's crazy.











No comments:

Post a Comment