Monday, October 19, 2015

Take care, Taste and see

10/19 6am power w/Elvis 

I got plenty of sleep last night, and yet I was exhausted and creaky the entire class. I felt like I was sleep walking. I went slowly and didn't do anything too fancy or extra hard like I often do. I noticed my body felt tired so I let it be tired. I went home and went back to bed; I slept for three hours! Do I have things I could have been doing? Sure. But I recognized that if I don't take care of myself, I can't give my best self to anyone - to my coworkers, my kids, my roommates, my friends and even my Jesus. I'm not honoring Him when I trudge through life half-present. I can't be others centered when I'm completely drained. Sometimes it's about watching yourself so that you can truly watch out for others. 

Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers. 1 Timorhy 4:16 

10/19 noon power w/Devyn 

Taste and see. Today was a refreshing practice, especially after my weird morning. In order to experience something - yoga, a relationship with Jesus, you have to actually put yourself in a position to experience it. You don't grow in your relationship with the Lord by looking at your Bible anymore than rolling out a yoga mat deepens your practice. 

You have to do something. 

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Psalm 34;8 

No comments:

Post a Comment