Saturday, October 17, 2015

Stand Tall

10/17 8am power w/Carly

Stand tall. I dare you to ask my kids how many times I say this in their three hour practice. but.It's important. It engages your core. It changes your whole shape from your very frame, all the way through. It keeps you stable. It's why the Bible tells us to stand firm. When you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the vil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13

Today, I also went ice skating for the third time in my life. I was invited to a little girl's birthday party, and we had an absolute blast. I laughed so hard and smiled so wide. For some reason, all the littles wanted me as their grown up assistant so I ended up helping a seven year old into her own, a five year old teeter around, and fully supporting a stubborn three year old through some gliding (she was a wet noodle and not incredibly helpful in this endeavor). I did get some time to skate with a few people who knew what they were doing and found myself gaining confidence the more I did it. I got going pretty fast at one point :) It was a good experience in learning to trust myself and go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment