Saturday, October 24, 2015

Energize, Resist

10/23 noon power w/Elvis

Energize. Today was a perfect day for excuses: tired. Worn. Sore. Gymnastics to watch. Meh. But I showed up. Sometimes getting to the mat can be the hardest part. I felt myself gaining energy as the practice went on. I'm reminded of John Piper's book, When I Don't Desire God,  (in about a week you will all see intense irony in my quoting of Piper right now). It's about the fight for joy, and finding security and delight in Christ when we don't "feel" like pursuing Him

God does not mean for us to be passive. He means for us to fight the fight of faith - the fight for joy. 

We have to actively pursue our deepest joy, and in that we find life.

10/24 Noon power w/Thang

Resist. I finally got the chance to take the infamous resistance bands class. I wrote a really cheesy reflection in my journal and I don't have to share it with you. Ha! Take that #write31days

No comments:

Post a Comment