Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Savor, Remember, Misty Mornings, Fly

This is going to be a mixed bag. Some serious, some light. Take it all in stride, right?

10/12 7:45pm power w/Elvis

Savor. Right before class, a girl I've never coached or even met told me what an encouragement I am to her in the gym. As a coach, I can get so caught up on the details and logistics, that I can forget that I'm doing a really cool, special thing. In class tonight, I took the time to celebrate and enjoy what it means to be an influencer. Jesus, the light of the world, calls us as His disciples to be His lights in our world. We are to be children of the day, and glorify Him in the process. It's a humbling thing when you realize what this means and watch it start playing out.

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

Again Jesus spoke to them saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" John 8:12

10/12 9pm yin w/Devyn

Remember. Tonight, I was particularly open, in a way that made me cautious. That being said, it also put me in an especially vulnerable place. For whatever reason, as I sat in my fourth class of the day, I remembered back to a few months ago, when I realized that when I was in class, on my mat, all my ED thoughts just stopped. I was able to be still and meditate on God's faithfulness, His truth, His trustworthiness, His grace, His light, His greatness, His satisfaction. That's the whole reason I started taking class more than once a day - because Jesus met me on my mat, and it was there He chose to loose my chains and set this captive free. It's now been just about two months since I've had an ED thought or behavior. I am finally starting to believe that I can be free of him FOREVER. And that's the most precious thing in the world to me, to know that when the Son of man sets me free, I am free indeed (John 8:38). And although I pray that ED and I are done for good, I also pray that I never forget what it was like to be enslaved. Because remembering my deep captivity reminds me of the even greater Savior who rescued me.

Remember Jesus Christ, risen from the dead, offspring of David, as preached in my gospel, for which I am suffering - bound in chains as a criminal. But the word of God is not bound! Therefore, I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. The saying is trustworthy, for if we have died with him, we will also live with him. If we endure, we will reign with him. If we deny him, he also will deny us, but if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself. 2 Timothy 2:8-13 

I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3 

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience- among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved - and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness towards us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:1-7

he looked down from his holy height; from heaven the Lord looked at the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners, to set free those who were doomed to die Psalm 102:19-20 

10/13 6am power w/Elvis

Misty mornings. I love Elvis, but on some level, I did miss Morgan today. I just like the variety. That being said, it was still a great class, and my body feels better than I expected after not sleeping all night. I had the perfect walking to yoga weather - 55 and misting, the smell of rain permeating the October sky. At the end of class, Elvis encouraged each of us to finish this year well. I had a really hard year. Some parts were downright awful. But as the sounds of gentle rain floated down, I believed that all things can be made new. Christ is for me right now, not later. In this moment, He is here. He is for me, for my good, and for the sake of His glorious name. In Him I have been made new.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away, behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17

10/13 Noon power w/Elvis

Fly. Class has been zooming by lately. I feel as though I'm there for 10-15 minutes, and we've already slowed it all down. Maybe I'm getting stronger. I would believe that. I've noticed lately that my crow feels better - lighter - like an actual bird in flight instead of just hovering right over the ground.

And I say, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest" Psalm 55:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment